Emergency Medical Service (EMS)
Prompt. Professional. Proven.
At DeKalb Health, we understand that in an emergency, saving a few minutes can mean saving your life. This is why our EMS unit offers fast response times and provides comprehensive medical treatments and procedures previously found only in hospital emergency departments. And we take pride in making sure our patients experience maximum comfort and minimal stress in their most urgent and critical time of need.
Our EMS Unit Delivers:
- Experienced Emergency Paramedics, Advanced and Basic Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT)
- A superior and proven record of prompt response to emergency calls
- High-quality immediate care
- The ability of our ambulance crew to contact and engage with any hospital emergency department in Northeast Indiana based on patient needs
- 24-hour-a-day emergency and non-emergency transport
Emergency Medicine on Wheels
Our EMS ambulances are staffed by experienced DeKalb Health Paramedics and Emergency Medical Technicians to serve the area's emergency needs. Each ambulance contains the necessary supplies and equipment enabling the ambulance staff to respond to a multitude of emergency medical or trauma situations. On any emergency call, the goal of our DeKalb EMS unit is to quickly assess the situation, stabilize the patient, transport him or her promptly to the appropriate hospital emergency department, and perform an orderly transfer of information and care to assure continued care and service. Our ambulances are strategically and conveniently stationed in Auburn, Garrett, and Butler. They are staffed around the clock to help our community and your family in time of need.
Education We offer several excellent training programs to the public as well as industry, fire and police departments.
Our programs include:
- First-Responder Training for Industry
- First-Responder Training for Police and Fire Department
- Basic Emergency Medical Technician Training
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician Training
- Stroke awareness education
Through public demonstrations and participation at local events, our skilled Paramedics and Emergency
Medical Technicians provide valuable community services to area residents.
For more information about the Emergency Medical Services department or training programs, or to schedule non-emergency transportation, call the EMS at (260) 925-4600.
For emergency ambulance service, call 911.