In January 1964, DeKalb Memorial Hospital opened its doors to the public.
DeKalb Memorial Hospital launched emergency medical services (EMS).
DeKalb Memorial Hospital opened new EMS buildings and Medical Arts Center West physicians’ office complex
DeKalb Memorial Hospital opened its cardiac intensive care unit (ICU).
An imaging wing is added to DeKalb Memorial Hospital’s radiology department.
DeKalb Memorial Hospital opened the Medical Arts Center East. This three-story wing features physicians’ offices, a pharmacy, and community and staff education conference areas. Also this year, remodeling was completed for DeKalb Memorial Hospital’s ancillary services, emergency department, and patient registration areas. Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation services were also introduced.
DeKalb Memorial Hospital opened its new rehabilitation and obstetrics areas. Also new this year are a renovated and expanded south entrance lobby, snack bar, and gift shop.
Construction begins on DeKalb Memorial Hospital’s three-story, 75,000-square foot addition. The emergency department lobby and waiting areas were also renovated and expanded.
DeKalb Memorial Hospital’s newly expanded surgical center opens on the third floor.
A $5.7 million North Campus renovation and expansion opened. Rehabilitation, Orthopedics, and Occupational/Business Services occupy the space. 5.630 square feet were added to the building footprint. Total Square feet affected: 30,269.
DeKalb Health privatizes inpatient rooms. This two million dollar renovation features a total of two floors, 39 private medical, surgical rooms, and an all-new relocated inpatient pharmacy.
DeKalb Health Medical Group expands by building two new family medicine and obstetric physician offices at 1061 Smaltz Way and 916 West Seventh Street in Auburn.
DeKalb Health Medical Group renovates pediatric office and family medicine offices on campus and in Garrett and Butler.